1. the movement of vehicles, ships, persons, etc., in an area, along a street, through an air lane, over a water route, etc.
2. the vehicles, persons, etc., moving in an area, along a street, etc.
3. the transportation of goods for the purpose of trade, by sea, land, or air: ships of traffic.
4. trade; buying and selling; commercial dealings.
5. trade between different countries or places; commerce.
6. to carry on traffic, trade, or commercial dealings.
7. to trade or deal in a specific commodity or service, often of an illegal nature (usually followed by in.
Etymology: earlier traffyk < Middle French trafique.